Saturday, September 09, 2006

So far, the pit bull bite wins.

Well, I was just reading the poll results and so far 5 people have responded and 4 of them would rather be bitten by a pit bull. Honestly, that is what I would have chosen too.

With a shark you have to swim away and try to get to dry ground. I wouldn't be able to accomplish this, I don't think. With the spider, I could crush it, but that wouldn't help me with the poison that is now in my system and the antibiotics that may or may not work quickly. I had a student in my youth group who was bit and needed 2 surgeries and lots of medicine to heal his wound.

So, that leaves the pit bull. With the dog I can take my thumb and poke out his eyeball while he's clamped on me. I would have to commit all the way because that sounds gruesome, but it may be the only way to get him off. Does anyone else know what to do?

Do you think kissing and hugging a dog that is biting you would change his behavior? Has anyone ever tried it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no never tried hugging or kissing a dog that was biting me! Actually never been bitten by a dog! You can also kick that dog while it is biting you. So I tend to agree, I would rather be bitten by the dog.
sandy

9:09 AM  
Blogger ruthrap said...

i was bitten by a dog once a long time ago, my older brother was with me and kicked the dog or he would have went for my throat! it was scary, but i only got a small puncture wound from it! Thank God my brother was with me or it could have been much worse!

11:25 AM  
Blogger JimmyBob said...

I'll never forget the time when my brother and I were riding bikes delivering newspapers and this dog came running up at us, growling and showing teeth. He was definitely going to attack us and we started pedaling faster.

I was older and stronger than my brother, who was struggling to keep up with me and out of the reach of the dog. I looked back and saw the bike go down and the dog trying to latch onto my brother's leg.

Immediately something inside me rose up. An animal instinct that came from the back of my throat and worked it's way through my whole body. I jumped off my bike in such a tense state, every muscle flexing, including my jaw. I ran at the animal with my arms up and I growled and barked as mean as I could. I wasn't afraid. Every ounce of fear had vanished.

The dog reacted to me at once. He stopped his attack and took an instinctive step backward. I continued my forward motion, barking, and baring of teeth.

He was so scared he whimpered and ran away! It worked. I turned the tables on that bully. The hunted became the hunter.

It was a good day for me. I saved from brother and I stood up against my fears.

10:47 PM  
Blogger JimmyBob said...

I'm working on it Katie! I have been so busy over the past couple of days. I agree. I'm tired of looking at that dog too. :)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home